Skocz do zawartości

21A. Spice, Herb, or Vegetable Beer

Makaron

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

Aroma: The character of the particular spices, herbs and/or vegetables (SHV) should be noticeable in the aroma; however, note that some SHV (e.g., ginger, cinnamon) have stronger aromas and are more distinctive than others (e.g., some vegetables)?allow for a range of SHV character and intensity from subtle to aggressive. The individual character of the SHV(s) may not always be identifiable when used in combination. The SHV character should be pleasant and supportive, not artificial and overpowering. As with all specialty beers, a proper SHV beer should be a harmonious balance of the featured SHV(s) with the underlying beer style. Aroma hops, yeast by-products and malt components of the underlying beer may not be as noticeable when SHV are present. These components (especially hops) may also be intentionally subdued to allow the SHV character to come through in the final presentation. If the base beer is an ale then a non-specific fruitiness and/or other fermentation by-products such as diacetyl may be present as appropriate for warmer fermentations. If the base beer is a lager, then overall less fermentation byproducts would be appropriate. Some malt aroma is preferable, especially in dark styles. Hop aroma may be absent or balanced with SHV, depending on the style. The SHV(s) should add an extra complexity to the beer, but not be so prominent as to unbalance the resulting presentation.

Appearance: Appearance should be appropriate to the base beer being presented and will vary depending on the base beer. For lighter-colored beers with spices, herbs or vegetables that exhibit distinctive colors, the colors may be noticeable in the beer and possibly the head. May have some haze or be clear. Head formation may be adversely affected by some ingredients, such as chocolate.

Flavor: As with aroma, the distinctive flavor character associated with the particular SHV(s) should be noticeable, and may range in intensity from subtle to aggressive. The individual character of the SHV(s) may not always be identifiable when used in combination. The balance of SHV with the underlying beer is vital, and the SHV character should not be so artificial and/or overpowering as to overwhelm the beer. Hop bitterness, flavor, malt flavors, alcohol content, and fermentation by-products, such as esters or diacetyl, should be appropriate to the base beer and be harmonious and balanced with the distinctive SHV flavors present. Note that these components (especially hops) may be intentionally subdued to allow the SHV character to come through in the final presentation. Some SHV(s) are inherently bitter and may result in a beer more bitter than the declared base style.

Mouthfeel: Mouthfeel may vary depending on the base beer selected and as appropriate to that base beer. Body and carbonation levels should be appropriate to the base beer style being presented. Some SHV(s) may add additional body and/or slickness, although fermentable additions may thin out the beer. Some SHV(s) may add a bit of astringency, although a ?raw? spice character is undesirable.

Overall Impression: A harmonious marriage of spices, herbs and/or vegetables and beer. The key attributes of the underlying style will be different with the addition of spices, herbs and/or vegetables; do not expect the base beer to taste the same as the unadulterated version. Judge the beer based on the pleasantness and balance of the resulting combination.

Comments: Overall balance is the key to presenting a well-made spice, herb or vegetable (SHV) beer. The SHV(s) should complement the original style and not overwhelm it. The brewer should recognize that some combinations of base beer styles and SHV(s) work well together while others do not make for harmonious combinations. THE ENTRANT MUST SPECIFY THE UNDERLYING BEER STYLE AS WELL AS THE TYPE OF SPICES, HERBS, OR VEGETABLES USED. IF THIS BEER IS BASED ON A CLASSIC STYLE (E.G., BLONDE ALE) THEN THE SPECIFIC STYLE MUST BE SPECIFIED. CLASSIC STYLES DO NOT HAVE TO BE CITED (E.G., ?PORTER? OR ?WHEAT ALE? IS ACCEPTABLE). THE TYPE OF SPICES, HERBS, OR VEGETABLES MUST ALWAYS BE SPECIFIED. If the base beer is a classic style, the original style should come through in aroma and flavor. The individual character of SHV(s) may not always be identifiable when used in combination. This category may also be used for chile pepper, coffee-, chocolate-, or nut-based beers (including combinations of these items). Note that many spice-based Belgian specialties may be entered in Category 16E. Beers that only have additional fermentables (honey, maple syrup, molasses, sugars, treacle, etc.) should be entered in the Specialty Beer category.

Vital Statistics:

OG: Varies with base style

IBUs: Varies with base style

FG: Varies with base style

SRM: Varies with base style

ABV: Varies with base style

Commercial Examples: Alesmith Speedway Stout, Founders Breakfast Stout, Traquair Jacobite Ale, Rogue Chipotle Ale, Young?s Double Chocolate Stout, Bell?s Java Stout, Fraoch Heather Ale, Southampton Pumpkin Ale, Rogue Hazelnut Nectar, Hitachino Nest Real Ginger Ale, Breckenridge Vanilla Porter, Left Hand JuJu Ginger Beer, Dogfish Head Punkin Ale, Dogfish Head Midas Touch, Redhook Double Black Stout, Buffalo Bill's Pumpkin Ale, BluCreek Herbal Ale, Christian Moerlein Honey Almond, Rogue Chocolate Stout, Birrificio Baladin Nora, Cave Creek Chili Beer

Aromat: Cechy konkretnych przypraw, ziół i/albo warzyw (skrót ang. SHV) powinien być wyczuwalny w aromacie; zauważ, że niektóre SHV (np.imbir, cynamon) mają mocniejsze aromaty i są bardziej wyraźny niż inne (np. niektóre warzywa), pozwól na różny poziom cech SHV i intensywności od subtelnej do agresywnej. Indywidualny charakter SHV nie zawsze jest indetyfikowalny jeśli różne składniki są użyte. Charakter SHV powinien być przyjemny i wspierający, nie sztuczny i zbyt mocny. Jak w przypadku wszystkich piw specjalnych poprawne piwo SHV powinno zawierać harmoniczny balans pomiędzy użytych SHV i piwa bazowego. Aromat chmielowy, drożdżowych ubocznych produktów fermentacji i słodowych elementów piwa bazowego niemogą być bardzo zauważalne gdy SHV jest obecny. Te komponenty (w szczególności chmiel) mogą również specjalnie przytłumiony by umożliwić cechy SHV wyjść na wierzch podczas końcowej prezentacji. Jeśli piwo bazowe jest górnej fermentacji wtedy nieokreślona owocowość i/albo inne uboczne produkty fermentacji takie jak diacetyl może być obecny jako odpowiendnie dla cieplejszej fermentacji. Jelśli piwo bazowe jest lagerem, wtedy ogólna ilość ubocznych produktów fermentacji byłoby odpowiednie. Trochę aromatu słodowego jest preferowane, w szczególności w ciemnych stylach. Aromat chmielowy może być nieobecny albo zbalansowany z SHV, w zależności od stylu. SHV powinno nadać dodatkowej złożoności do piwa, ale nie powinny być zbyt mocne alby w rezultacie nie było niezbalansowane podczas prezentacji.

Wygląd: Wygląd powinien być odpowiedni do prezentowanego piwa i będzie się różnił w zależności od piwa bazowego. Dla piw jaśniejszych z przyprawami, ziołami i warzywami, które wyróżniają się kolorystycznie, kolor powinien być zauważalny w piwie i pianie. Może posiadać lekką mglistość albo klarowne. Tworzenie się piany może być zmienione przez obecność niektórych surowców takich jak czekolada.

Smak: Jak z aromatem, wyraźne cechy smakowe związane z poszczególnymi SHV powinny być zauważalne i mogą być na poziomie intensywności od subtelnego do agresywnego. Indywidualne cechy SHV nie zawsze muszą być identyfikowalne, gdy użyta jest kombinacja SHV. Balans pommiędzy SHV, a piwem bazowym jest najważniejszy i cechy SHV nie powinien być zbyt artificial, albo zbyt mocny by zakryć cechy piwa. Goryczka chmielowa, smak, smaki słodowe, zawartość alkoholu i ubocznych produktów fermentacji, takich jak estry czy diacetyl powinny być odpowednie do piwa bazowego i opwinne być harmoniczne i zbalansowane z obecnymi wyraźnymi smakami SHV. Zauważ że surowce (w szczególności chmiel) może być specjalnie przytłumiony by umożliwić cechom SHV wyjść na wierzch podczas końcowej prezentacji. Niektóre SHV są z natury gorzkie, czego rezultatem w piwie może być bardziej gorzkie niż zadeklarowany styl piwa.

Tekstura: Tekstura smaku może być różna w zależności od wybranego piwa bazowego i odpowiednie dla tego piwa. Treściwość i poziom nagazowania powinien być odpowieni dla stylu piwa bazowego, które jest prezentowane. Niektóre SHV mogą nadać dodatkowej treściwości i/albo gładkości (ang.slickness), aczkolwiek fermentowalne dodatki mogą rozrzedzić piwo. Niektóre SHV mogą nadać troszkę ściągające, aczkolwiek surowe cechy przypraw są nieporządane.

Ogólne wrażenia: Harmoniczne połącznie przypraw, ziół i/albo warzyw i piwa. Kluczowe atrybuty stylu piwa bazowego będą inne po dodaniu przypraw, ziół i/albo warzyw; nie oczekuj ,że piwo bazowe będzie smakowało tak samo jak zmieniona wersja. Oceniaj piwo na podstawie przyjemości smaku i balansu w gotowym produkcie.

Komentarz: Ogólny balans jest podstawą porezentacji, dobrze przyrządzone przyprawowe, ziołowe albo warzywne (SHV) piwo. SHV powinno uzupełnić oryginalny styl i nie przytłaczać. Piwowar powinień rozpoznać to, że niektóre kombinacje stylu piwa bazowego i SHV pasuje do siebie, natomiast inne nie tworzą harmonicznych kombinacji.OSOBA WYSTAWIAJĄCA MUSI OKREŚLIĆ PIWO BAZOWE I TYP PRZYPRAW, ZIÓŁ I/ALBO WARZYW UŻYTYCH. JEŚLI PIWO JEST OPARTE NA KLASYCZNYM STYLU (NP. BLOND ALE) WTEDY KONKRETNY STYL MUSI BYĆ PODANY. STYLE KLASYCZNE PIWA NIE MUSZA BYĆ WYMIENIONE (NP. ?PORTER? ALBO ?WHEAT ALE? JEST AKCEPTOWALNY). TYP ZIÓŁ, PRZYPRAW ALBO WARZYW MUSI ZAWSZE BYĆ OKREŚLONY.

Jeśli piwo bazowe jest stylem klasycznym, oryginalny styl powinien być wyczuwalny w aromacie i smaku. Indywidualne cechy SHV nie zawsze są identyfikowalne gdy użyta jest mieszanka różnych przypraw, ziół i/lub warzyw.Ta kategoria również może być użyta dla piwa opartego na papryczce chili, kawy, czekolady albo orzechach (jak również ich kombinacji). Zauważ, że wiele piw przyprawowych opartych na belgijskim stylu specjalnym może być wystawione w kategorii 16E. Piwa z dodatkiem dodatów fermentowalnych (miód, syropu klonowego, melase, cukier, syropu merlasowego, itd.) powinny być wystawione w kategorii Specialty Beer.

Podstawowe informacje:

OG: W zależności od piwa bazowego

IBUs: W zależności od piwa bazowego

FG: W zależności od piwa bazowego

SRM: W zależności od piwa bazowego

ABV: W zależności od piwa bazowego

Komercyjne przykłady: Alesmith Speedway Stout, Founders Breakfast Stout, Traquair Jacobite Ale, Rogue Chipotle Ale, Young?s Double Chocolate Stout, Bell?s Java Stout, Fraoch Heather Ale, Southampton Pumpkin Ale, Rogue Hazelnut Nectar, Hitachino Nest Real Ginger Ale, Breckenridge Vanilla Porter, Left Hand JuJu Ginger Beer, Dogfish Head Punkin Ale, Dogfish Head Midas Touch, Redhook Double Black Stout, Buffalo Bill's Pumpkin Ale, BluCreek Herbal Ale, Christian Moerlein Honey Almond, Rogue Chocolate Stout, Birrificio Baladin Nora, Cave Creek Chili Beer