Skocz do zawartości

Chmielenie podczas fermentacji burzliwej?

buber

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

W książce "Domowe warzenie piwa" Richard Lehrl podaje przepis na bittera, w którym pisze: "przez dodanie chmielu przed fermentacją (!) DO KADZI FERMENTACYJNEJ piwo uzyskuje szczególny mocno chmielowy smak". Coś ktoś wie na temat takiej metody?

Edytowane przez buber

w którym pisze: "przez dodanie chmielu przed fermentacją (!) piwo uzyskuje szczególny mocno chmielowy smak".

hmm ... w takiej postaci jest to odkrywcze :polew:

zwłaszcza, że zawsze znakomitą większość chmieli dodaję przed fermentacją tz. do gotującej się brzeczki, a zwłaszcza na 30 min. czyli na smak :D

Richard Lehrl podaje przepis na bittera, w którym pisze: "przez dodanie chmielu przed fermentacją (!) piwo uzyskuje szczególny mocno chmielowy smak".

no to przepraszam ... ale moja szklana kula nadal nie wróciła z polerowania więc się źle domyśliłem :( a z tego wpisu nie wynika kiedy i do czego.

no to przepraszam ... ale moja szklana kula nadal nie wróciła z polerowania więc się źle domyśliłem a z tego wpisu nie wynika kiedy i do czego.

Zakładałem, że ktoś kto tu zagląda, jednak wie, że chmieli się gotującą brzeczkę. A temat jednak mówi dokładnie o co chodzi w tym wypadku :) 

Ja widzę temat "chmielenie podczas fermentacji burzliwej", gotowanie i wrzucanie chmielu na smak na 30' nie odbywa się podczas fermentacji burzliwej.

A autor cytatu pisze:

przez dodanie chmielu przed fermentacją (!) DO KADZI FERMENTACYJNEJ piwo uzyskuje szczególny mocno chmielowy smak

, nie kojarzę gotowania w kadzi fermentacyjnej (oprócz Bogiego, który fermentował w garnku emaliowanym, w którym gotował brzeczkę).

Edit: sorry, widzę że autor edytował swój wpis w pierwszym poście.

Edytowane przez bart3q

Timing is Everything

For a few years I have always tried to eliminate as much yeast as possible from suspension before adding my dry hops. That concept was introduced to me from a sound bite given by Vinnie Cilurzo. The reason was simple as stated earlier in this article: Yeast can strip hop oils from solution. So I would either rack my beer to secondary before adding dry hops or added dry hops only after adding a fining agent like Polyclar or Biofine. I have always been happy with the results, but when I started polling homebrewers a little while ago, there was a lot of attention paid to adding dry hops while yeast was still active. The term biotransformation of hop oils kept coming up.

In my discussions with pro brewers, two of the seven brewers add their dry hops while yeast was still active. On the one side of the coin, Josh Pfriem states that, ". . .the constant nucleation from fermentation scrubs away some of the hop aromas that you are trying to achieve." Matt Brynildson, on the other hand, adds his hops during fermentation, and the hardware garnered for his hop-forward beers should make any brewer re-think their approach. Matt has three reasons for his method: "This is to take advantage of the active yeast for (1) dissolved oxygen protection (2) natural mixing which we believe helps in better extraction of wanted oils and (3) biotransformation of hop oil compounds." But he also warns of the potential pitfall of adding dry hops to an active fermentation. "The dreaded 'beer volcano' can happen easily resulting in beer loss . . ."

So what are biotransformations anyway? Once again I turned to Peter Wolfe to help dissect this term. He explained that when we talk about biotransformations on hop compounds we are talking about oil components that yeast have modified. An important aspect is that we are talking mainly about terpenoids and glycosides. Terpenes are rarely affected by biotransformations. Biotransformations of hop compounds in beer can occur in two forms. The first is fairly straightforward when one compound is transformed into another. An example of this would be the transformation of geraniol to ß-citronellol. The second biotransformation is the hydrolysis of the glycosides which was introduced earlier. Certain yeast strains have shown the ability to transform non-aromatic glycosides into aromatic terpenoids. Shellhammer and Wolfe found that certain aromatic terpenoids increased their concentration over time in the presence of yeast. This may be just one reason many people find bottle conditioned or unfiltered beer to be superior to filtered beer.

Edytowane przez bart3q

• 3 tygodnie później...